In 2006, a young man decided he did not want to be a part of the rat race and hence, took the bold step ahead to CREATE employment for himself, for starters.
Joseph Bisong, driven to make an honest-living, set up an interior decorating firm called Unknown Interiors, a rather small scale enterprise which began business with only two sets of foreign seats to show for it, no show room, a slim clientele and Hope.
Now, 6 years after that giant and risky stride was taken, UNKNOWN INTERIORS has grown in leaps and is still angling forward and for the best. It has its present showroom in the heart of Calabar municipal at #40 Ediba Road, Cross River State in Nigeria.
This business venture can now boast of:
3) Five sets of glass/marble center
4) Tables with side stools
5) Fifteen pieces of Persian rug
6) Two family sized bedHe also has in his employ, three employees helping with the smooth running of the business.
2) Difficulty in accessing loan facilities
3) General LogistisAfter a few amiable exchanges and whilst we rounded up our discussion/interview, there was an unmistakeable drive for excellence and focus which we rather gleaned on his face. A look that said, ” I haven’t even started!”
P.S One of the goals of the Southern Brands project is to discover and uncover positive entrepreneurial activities and social initiatives of young people across the south-south region of Nigeria. The story of Joseph Bisong is just one among many others that will be featured as we take trips across the length and breath of the region. We believe that these stories will spur many from the teeming population of young people to spring up with ideas that will meaningfully engage them while also gradually changing the negative perception which a lot of persons have about young people of the south-south.
Let’s also seize this opportunity to thank you for being a part of our success story!