The Calabar Festival is undoubtedly the biggest and longest multi-dimensional, multi-faceted tourism, leisure and entertainment programme in West Africa. Thirty-two days of exciting events, colourful activities and unprecedented participation by a large number of people from all over the world. The event has become, arguably, Nigeria’s strongest tourism brand. The 32-day Festival incorporates the HIV/AIDS City Walk; musical concerts featuring local, national and international stars; a weekend of fun and relaxation at the scenic Obudu Mountain Resort; Boat Regatta; Cultural Fiesta; Christmas Camp for Children; Food Expo; Fashion Show; Carol Night, Golf and Soccer tournaments; Fireworks, etc.
The Festival offers unbelievable opportunities for merchandizing; consequently, the Government of Cross River State is desirous of engaging concessionaires to identify and utilize the market strengths of the Festival through unique merchandizing. Items to be merchandized include:
- T-Shirts and Polo necked T-shirts;
- Face Caps and Hats;
- Key rings;
- Tea mugs;
- Car air fresheners;
- Lapel pins etc.
Furthermore, the State also has a stock of top quality clothing – cotton shirts and T-shirts of various sizes and colours which should be marketed in a professional manner.
Scope of Work
The scope of work shall include:
- Detailed merchandizing proposal including product information and price; and
- A Marketing plan showing revenue projections.
There are two categories for bidding, as follows:
- LOT I: for those interested in producing and marketing their merchandize.
- LOT II: for those interested in marketing the already existing stock of Festival clothing.
To qualify for consideration, interested companies are required to submit five (5) copies of the above proposals accompanied with the following documentation:
- A covering letter stating the preferred LOT and summarizing the contents of the submission;
- Evidence of company registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission;
- Detailed Company profile;
- Income Tax Clearance Certificate and VAT Registration Certificate;
- Evidence of previous merchandizing experience;
- Reference Letter from Bank stating applicant’s financial capacity to carry out the project;
- Any additional information that will enhance the prospect of the applicant.
The responses should be submitted in a single envelope sealed and marked
“CONFIDENTIAL – PROPOSAL FOR MERCHANDIZING OF ITEMS FOR THE 2013 CALABAR FESTIVAL”
and addressed to:
The Special Adviser,
Governor’s Office & Events Management,
Office of the Governor,
Calabar, Cross River State,
To reach him not later than fourteen (14) working days from the date of this publication.
Please note that only short listed companies will be contacted.
Culled from UyoCalyAxis